Updated August 1, 2019.
This privacy statement sets out how Lifestyles Distribution uses and protects any information that you give Lifestyles Distribution when you use our website. Any personal information by which you can be identified will be used only in accordance with this privacy statement.
Lifestyles Distribution may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from August 1, 2019.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following personal information (“PI”):
- Your name and/ or company name.
- Contact information such as your email address and phone number. We only use these to contact you in relation to your order, or to service a subscription if you have subscribed to our mailing list or to another subscription service.
- Demographic information such as address and zip code (or postal code outside the U.S.). We may use this information to improve our website and services to you, view analytics and tailor special offers.
- Information relevant to purchases, customer surveys and/or offers. We do not collect and store any information which is not required for us to provide you and others the products and services we offer, or to improve those products and services.
- Results of surveys or marketing questionnaires. We will make it clear when we send out surveys etc., how information from those surveys will be used and stored.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
When you purchase from our site, we collect information as part of the buying and selling process, e.g., your name, address, email address and location. When you browse our store, we receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address automatically. This provides us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system (so we can improve the user experience).
WHY WE COLLECT & WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We require your information to service your needs and help provide you with better products and service; in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services (such as through feedback in our contact form).
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your needs & interests, to ensure the site offers the correct products for your location or to otherwise improve your user & customer experience.
- We may use your information while processing and fulfilling purchases of products or services. Some of this information we cannot delete (as it may, for example, be part of our tax records).
- We may use information to respond to any issues or inquiries presented to our customer support team
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. You can opt out of this at any time by contacting us via email at email@example.com.
- Using cookies, we collect analytics data (which is “anonymized”, so no personal details are transmitted or shared with a third party or used by us for analysis). For example, we might use geolocation to check on sales revenue for a specific area, but there would be no personal details associated other than location (such as a postal/zip code, a city or country), and the total sales revenues for that location.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We send out such emails only if you have opted-in to receive them.
You may not use this site unless you are at least 18 years of age, or the age of majority in your state (or province) of residence, whichever is higher (e.g., 21 instead of 18). Minors may not use the site unless their parent has given express permission for them to do so. By using this site, you are representing to us that you are at least the age of majority in your state, which must be 18 years of age or higher.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only (including cataloguing past & future purchases by you to improve the user experience).
If we ask for your personal information for another reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your consent, or provide you with an opportunity to decline to provide it.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, or for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing us at:
Lifestyles Distribution, LLC
99 Felton Street (Rear Bldg.)
Waltham, MA 02453
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us improve our website, products and services, including learning about who visits our site and what pages are being viewed
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies and privacy statements in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies and privacy statements, so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. If you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. For example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the U.S. Patriot Act.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION STORED?
Your information is stored on secure servers within our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing system. Our CRM has built-in safeguards to prevent unauthorized access to data. We do not store information at any other location than on our own servers and no-one outside the company has access to or is able to store their data on those servers.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of Credit Card companies like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
To protect your personal information, we take commercially reasonable precautions and follow industry standard best practices to attempt to ensure that it is not inappropriately accessed, misused, lost, disclosed, altered or destroyed. In order to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Any information we share will be shared only with necessary third parties (such as payment gateways) who will also meet the requirements of this policy and conform to relevant data protection laws, unless you give your consent to other sharing.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
HOW WE USE “COOKIES”
When you visit the site, you can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, we do not have any control over those other websites once you are no longer on our site. If you have used these links to leave our site, you should understand that you are responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites. Those sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide to other sites.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you have previously agreed to allow us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anyone for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to customer support at:
Lifestyles Distribution, LLC
99 Felton Street (Rear)
Waltham, MA 02453
If you believe that any of your personal information that we are holding is incorrect or incomplete, please get in touch with us as soon as possible, at the above address/email. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If our business is acquired by or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we (as part of the new entity) may continue to sell products to you and otherwise provide services you would like.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at Lifestyles Distribution, LLC – Attention: Customer Service/Privacy Officer – 99 Felton Street (Rear), Waltham, MA 02453.